Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 2 - Harmony Day ...

Sewing counts as a craft! So my attempt at hand sewing a shawl I found yesterday while decluttering my cupboard into a sari for Sarah's Harmony Day dress up has centre stage for Week 2's crafty time! I have no idea when it comes to sewing which is why I am planning to do a beginners course in Term 4 at the local community college, but I can do a simple stitch to tie two end of some material together, which is all I needed to do. While I banned them from our wedding as it is not our custom to wear them in today's society, they do form part of Sarah's heritage from way back when and seeing her in her little makeshift sari, made it a very special sight. It is amazing how little things brighten up your day and make you cherish some things you may have come to disrespect for all the wrong reasons. Here is our little Indian princess all dressed up.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, doesn't your little one look so sweet!
    I reckon I could do with a sewing course too, be just what I need Jay....if I could find the time though!!
    I love this creativity that we are linked with now...fabulous hey!

    ReplyDelete